Christmas Turkey Penne with Lemon, Walnut & Ginger
4 tbsp rape seed oil, plus a little extra to serve
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
500g free-range cooked Golden Turkey, roughly chopped into cubes
350g penne pasta
3 tbsp fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
2 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 lemons, zested
The juice of 1 lemon
100ml white wine
100ml turkey/chicken stock
120ml double cream
Parmesan, freshly grated to serve.
Sea salt & black pepper
75g chopped walnuts
4 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
1) Cook the penne in a large pan of boiling, salted water, for 10 – 12 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil in a frying pan and add the onion, garlic, sea salt and black pepper and cook for 3 minutes, until the until the onion is soft, but not coloured.
3) Stir in the cooked turkey and lower the heat and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
4) Add the majority of the sage, ginger, lemon zest and juice, white wine and stock and simmer gently, stirring continuously for 3 minutes. Then add the cream and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
5) Place a small frying pan on a medium heat; add the remaining 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil, then add the chopped walnuts and breadcrumbs and sauté until lightly brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
6) When cooked, drain the pasta well, return to the pan and add the turkey mixture and stir well.
7) Serve with a drizzle of rapeseed oil, the remaining sage and some grated parmesan and top with the walnut and breadcrumb mixture.