Godwick Hall Farm,
Mill Road, Godwick,
About The Farm
Free-range Christmas Turkeys from Godwick
Godwick Free Range Turkeys is a family run Norfolk business specialising in producing quality free-range turkeys for Christmas. We have been supplying families with great tasting succulent Christmas turkey for 50 years. We guarantee a Godwick free-range turkey will not disappoint. All our Norfolk black and bronze turkeys are dry-plucked by hand and hung for 14 days in the traditional way. This process is key to ensuring the rich-tasting, succulent meat, is just the way it should be.
About Our Turkeys
HEALTH AND WELFARE
For us the health and welfare of the birds is paramount. We take our responsibility to the birds and to the consumer very seriously. After all, we have to live up to our reputation for producing the tastiest Turkey on the market!!
Totally Traditional Turkeys are produced solely on selected and accredited UK farms and are reared naturally on local feed. The turkeys are grown to full maturity and to the highest welfare standards. When the time comes they are dry plucked and game hung for at least seven days, according to tradition. Totally Traditional Turkeys are the only turkeys with the EU ‘Traditional Speciality Guarantee of old-fashioned flavour and quality.
12 point quality assurance code:
1. When you order a Holme Farm Turkey you can be sure of the tastiest possible meal.
2. Reared and produced with the greatest care, to produce the finest truly traditional farm fresh turkeys.
3. Fattened on rations containing at least 70% of cereals with no animal protein. We never use antibiotics or other additives for growth promotion.
4 Supplied with a money-back commitment. In the unlikely event of your dissatisfaction. This commitment is guaranteed by the traditional Fresh farmers Association.
5. Reared at Holme Farm from day one by the Crosse family. We have over 50 years of experience in Christmas Turkeys.
6. Bedded down on comfortable straw and grown slowly to full maturity and prime condition.
7. Independently inspected to make sure the code is met in full.
8. Slaughtered on the farm to avoid stress from transport.
9. Dry plucked and hung for a minimum of seven days to mature and develop the natural flavours. This process is unique to this type of rearing.
10. Inspected by the local environmental health office to ensure that all legislation is fully complied with.
11. Individually inspected and examined before qualifying for the Totally Traditional Turkey guarantee.
12. Housed in barns with natural light and ventilation, or our grass meadows.