Mexican Style Pulled Golden Turkey BurgerWith Sprout, Dill and Mustard Slaw
For the burger:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 good pinch dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp leftover turkey gravy
- A dash
- A dash Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 300g leftover Golden Turkey breast, shredded
For the slaw:
- 250g Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- A good
handfulfresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- A good squeeze lemon juice
- 4 seeded burger buns, halved and lightly toasted
- 4 tbsp guacamole
- 4 tbsp tomato and coriander salsa
- Green pickled jalapeno chillies
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the onion, garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin and oregano and fry gently for 2-3 minutes, taking care not to brown the onion. Season with sea salt and black pepper. When the onion is soft, add all the other ingredients for the burger and mix well. Leave on the heat until the turkey is hot.
2. Take the burger mixture out of the pan, divide it into 4 equal burger shapes and keep warm.
3. To make the slaw, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
4. To serve, put the burgers on the bottom half of each bun, top with the guacamole and salsa, top with the bun tops. Serve with the slaw, some green pickled jalapeno chillies, and turkey crackling (optional) on the side.
Tip: Don’t let on that there are sprouts in the coleslaw, as nobody will believe you!
- 22.6g fat
- 44.1g carbohydrate
- 11.9g sugars
- 10.4g fibre
- 36g protein
- 1.5g salt