Leftover Turkey Ruby Murray
- 2 tbsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
- 6 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp mild curry paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500g cooked Golden Turkey leg meat, cubed
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Fresh coriander, chopped (to garnish)
1. Toast the coriander and cumin seeds in a dry pan until lightly toasted and very fragrant. Grind with a pestle and mortar and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan over a medium heat and add the cardamom pods, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick and chilli flakes until they start to crackle and release their flavours. Add the onion and sauté for about 5-7 minutes, then add the ginger, garlic and the freshly ground coriander and cumin seeds. Add the curry paste, chopped tomatoes and tomato purée. Turn the heat up to high and allow the curry to simmer for about 15 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
3. Add the turkey and cook through until the turkey is hot. Season with the sea salt and black pepper.
4. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with steamed basmati rice, or chapatis minted yoghurt and mango chutney.
Per serving (curry only)
- 18.3g fat
- 19.2g carbohydrate
- 16.5g sugars
- 6.3g fibre
- 41.4g protein
- 0.8g salt